Words and photos by Fatema Sitabkhan
“When a client books a treatment at Brow Witch they are booking a service, not just a treatment” – Ammy Appleby
Amaranth “Ammy” Appleby is the owner of Brow Witch – a brand spanking new beauty space that offers their clients with cosmetic tattoo services.
Located on the top level of popular cafe Crack Kitchen on Franklin Street, Ammy is hoping for her business of 3 years to continue flourishing in a space that is not only bigger and better, but also boasts of a minimalist interior that is equipped with just the right amount of necessary accessories to make their customers feel welcomed and comfortable.
Ammy Appleby brings a range of expertise and training under her belt – qualified in makeup artistry, training from Melbourne around cosmetic tattooing, and a passion for adding her “creative spin into the beauty industry”.
There are a range of services offered at Brow Witch, some of which include:
- Machine Brows Services (All lasting up to 18 months)
- Nano Brows – Hair Stroke tattoo, designed to mimic natural hairs
- Combo – Our most requested service, hair strokes for the front of the brow with a soft natural shading through the tails
- Stardust – Soft shading through the whole brow healing to a soft natural diffused effect, hence the name stardust!
- Freckle Tattoo (Lasting 1-2 Years) – More popular than you think, natural beauty is super in right now and freckles are one of our hottest treatments
- Lip Blush Tattoo (Lasting 1-5 years) – A soft wash of colour over the whole lips designed to enhance one’s natural lip shape/colour
- Eyebrow Waxing, Tinting & Henna Brows
- Eyelash Lifts & Tints
Additionally, the space is also stocked with the latest and best in skin care products – all of which are organic, Vegan, and cruelty-free.
Taking pride in being an all-inclusive space, Ammy hopes that Brow Witch will be a space that accepts people from all walks of life, regardless of their gender, age, sexuality, or ability. It is also hoping to become a platform where local businesses can collaborate together to create an atmosphere that is beaming with creativity and give new meaning to the traditional concept of a beauty salon. With a team of 3 very talented ladies, Brow Witch has been welcomed to be a part of the Crack Kitchen space with the support by owner Kim, which goes back to Ammy’s concept of the benefits around working in a collaborative and supportive environment.
1/13 Franklin Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Wed / Thurs: 9am – 4pm
Fri: 1pm – 8pm
Sat: 9am – 1pm